Evolve are recruiting for a dynamic and supportive Medical Device company, with a professional home delivery service that brings high-quality prescription Stoma Care products to the community. Our client is currently in search of a passionate Community Nurse to work on a part time basis, to deliver first-class, evidence-based care to all patients who require surgery and who require the formation of a stoma, both in the hospital and the community across Burtom, Nuneaton and surrounding area.
Key roles and responsibilities for the Community Stoma Nurse
* Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised nursing care of the patient with a stoma or fistula.
* Act as the patients’ advocate, through effective support and information enabling them to make informed choices and decisions concerning treatment.
* Act as a resource of information for cancer screening to the appropriate client group.
* Liaise with appropriate hospital staff and community teams to facilitate the provision of high-quality care and a seamless service to all patients diagnosed with a condition leading to a stoma.
* Maintain accurate records in accordance with current best practice.
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with the multidisciplinary team and key opinion leaders.
Minimum requirements for the Community Stoma Nurse
* NMC Registered with 2 to 3 years post registration experience.
* Hold the V150 Independent Prescriber qualification, or ability to complete this within an agreed period of time post induction into the role.
* Ideally Stoma or Colorectal experience.
* Ability to plan, implement and manage own time effectively.
* Determination to progress professionally in Stoma/Colorectal nursing.
2 stage process.
Flexible salary and benefits DOE.
If you want to hear more about this role, please send us your CV by clicking ‘apply now