Are you a self-motivated and organised individual who likes to rub shoulders within professional circles? We have here an excellent opportunity for an Events Coordinator to cover the Greater Manchester region – you will be coordinating multiple events from breakfast meetings to evening gala’s!
Before you read any further it is important to note that this role is part time and you will work remotely – own transport and a degree of flexibility with regards to working hours is essential.
About the job
* You will in effect be the main point of contact for a large group of members who are part of a prestigious society in the Greater Manchester area
* You’ll be expected to provide advice on events then plan from conception to execution
* As Events Coordinator, you must be prepared to attend events as early as 7am or as late as 10pm depending on the occasion
* You should have a good business acumen too as you will need to prepare and manage your own budgets
* Management of committee meetings
* Write up and circulation of agenda’s
* Uploading agenda’s to the website and creating web booking forms
* First and foremost you will be professional in both presentation and in communication
* You will have previously worked in a similar role or at least be able to demonstrate project management or coordination skills
* You’ll be able to influence others with your ideas
* It is essential that you are self-motivated and a self-starter
* Happy to work independently and from home / remotely
* You’ll be able to build strong relationships with some very senior businessmen and women
* A creative mind is highly advantageous!
What you get
* Part time working hours – 3 days per week (Tues, Weds & Thurs preferred but is negotiable)
* Standard working hours of 9-5 but you must be flexible for an earlier start or later finish
* Exclusive membership benefits including discounts from society sponsors
* 45 pence per mile allowance plus all expenses paid
* 23 days holiday, rising to 25 with service (pro rata)
* Annual staff conferences including hotel stay
* A prestigious members only society which has been in business for over 100 years
If you think you have got what it takes to fulfill this role, please apply today – even better, please call the office to get things moving quicker!
Due to the high volumes of applications received, we regret to advise that if you haven’t heard from us within 14 days then your application will have been unsuccessful