Self-Employed Community Support Worker
As a Self-Employed worker, you will agree availability and a length of service at interview stage to be written in your work agreement with Dominic Care. You will be responsible for your own tax, N.I and will make your mileage claims direct to the government. For this reason you are paid an enhanced rate. This opportunity is expressly for drivers only, with the expectation to perform the role of community support workers.
Self-Employed Rate: £12.00 per hour Weekday, £15.00 per hour Weekend
Dominic Care is a family run company which provides care and support to people in their own home, to remain as independent as possible. At Dominic Care we take pride in our employees who are hardworking, dedicated and loyal. Dominic Care has been running now for 11 years and over 33% of staff are long-serving, having been employed for more than 5 years.
Ideal candidates will be caring, respectful and good communicators.
Office will also help staff to acquire the blue card (reward and discount).
Main duties and responsibilities
1. To assist/enable Service Users with personal care – washing, bathing, personal hygiene, dressing, toileting and continence care.
2. To assist/enable Service Users with meal preparation.
3. To assist Service Users with light domestics associated with the previous responsibilities, such as washing up, bed making and laundry.
4. To assist/enable Service Users to comply with their prescribed medication and to maintain records as required.
All employees are expected to follow company policies and procedure, to follow Service Users care plans, to observe, record and report any concerns, absences or potential risk factors. Due to the nature of this work, confidentiality and data protection are vital requirements of the job role.
Dominic Care maintains a strong ethos of person-centred care, which means the individual should always be at the centre of the care provided. As a support worker for Dominic Care we expect you to respect the needs and wishes of individual Service Users and to promote independence at all times when assisting with all aspects of daily living. In accordance with CQC regulations clients should be provided choice and given where possible the opportunity and means to retain their independence. Therefore, the work requires you to be respectful and courteous of others, capable of working with others and thus good communication skills are vital. It is important to maintain a friendly, welcoming, cheerful and helpful disposition when engaging with clients so as to ensure an atmosphere that puts people at ease.
* Flexible working hours
* A fully paid DBS check
* Mandatory and enhancement training
* A role that offers further career opportunities and qualifications (Diplomas)
* Work mobile phone, equipped with work email