If you are looking for some thirsty work, then this here opportunity could be the perfect part time job for you…
Meantime Brewing Company are now looking for keen beer appreciators to work on a part time basis tasting their latest innovative beers – and you’ll get paid for doing it!
Could this be the best part time job in the world? Probably!
Based in Greenwich, London, the Meantime Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery which includes the popular London Lager, London Pale Ale and Yakima Red beers in its stable.
If this job is really your ideal gig then you’ll have already heard of them – and you’ll need to hop to it because this vacancy is going to be downed in one!
As an official beer taster for the Meantime Brewing Company you’ll be helping the firm to fine-tune the taste of their beers before they launch them around the world.
You’ll only be required to work for 3 hours a week each Friday and you’ll be tasting beers, discussing beer and passing judgement on beer with other hoppy aficionados.
Meantime Brewing Company don’t give the exact rate of pay in their job ad but they describe it as ‘competitive’ and say that it comes with other ‘beer benefits’ too.
Giving more details of the ‘beer benefits’ a spokesperson for Meantime Brewing Co said: “The extra benefits will come in the way of being able to take beers home to share with friends and family, of course!”
Fancy it? If so then you need to get in there quick by posting all the reasons why you are the perfect fit for this job on LinkedIn. Use a maximum of 30 words and ensure you include the #pickmemeantime hashtag so that the Meantime Brewing Company will spot your application and consider you for the position.
In the meantime, here’s some tips about what Meantime are looking for in their Professional Beer Tasters…
Desired Talents You Will Display
- A passionate beer lover who can provide honest and objective feedback on different beer styles
- Tastebuds for detection and an expert knowledge of alcoholic beverages and the difference between beers and their ingredients
- Know your Pale Ale from your IPA, chocolate malt from dark malt, Fuggles from Cascade hops?
- A strong team player, who will be able to build relationships and work collaboratively with a team of other tasters and experts
- Provide consistent, informed results and feedback.
Required Qualifications For This Part Time Beer-Quaffing Role
- A passion for beer and taste buds that match
- An understanding of global consumer markets
- A firm grasp of the English language
- Versed in the terminology and vocabulary of beer
Bottoms up! Cheers – and good luck with your application!
For some other tasty jobs opportunities all over the UK, you can apply for flexible work in your own area right here on the UK Part Time Jobs website.